[avrdude-dev] Hello

From: Mike Perks
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Hello
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:40:41 -0500

Hi,

I just started appending to this list so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself.

I am a professional software engineer/architect at a large software/hardware company. I actually got interested in first electronics and then software as a teenager. That was 30 years ago. I have a wealth of experience in C, C++ and Java and have used all 3 to build large software applications for both my company products and for customers with custom applications.

I got back into electronics a few years ago and AVRs in particular. I have several websites including:

   * http://home.austin.rr.com/perks/micros/
   * http://oakmicros.com

I started Oak Micros to first create ZBasic devices (based on AVRs) and then AVR devices such as the om128.

I like the functionality of AVRDude but have always found it hard to use. Recently I started working on updating my 3 year old AVR910 programmer and hit some device code problems (documented on avrfreaks but needs to be copied here to be hopefully fixed in the next release).

So rather than just simply complain about problems I thought I would get involved.

Regards
Mike Perks