[avrdude-dev] can program a 90S2313 only once with AVRISP2

From: dlc
Subject: [avrdude-dev] can program a 90S2313 only once with AVRISP2
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:31:15 -0700

Hey guys,

I've an odd problem. I've found that I can program a 90S2313 only once with an AVRISPv2 using avrdude. I suspect strongly that this is the AVRISP 2's fault and not avrdude, but I thought that someone else may have seen this oddity and offer comfort or perhaps "wedgie release" hints. :)

The program is a toy program that just blinks an LED but since the programmer yanks the reset line, that shouldn't matter in this issue. I play on the Macintosh with AVR's however I've tried this similar program from a Windows box using the parallel port, that works, and on my G4 iBook using both an Atmel AVRISP and a Pololu AVRISP 2 clone. The AVRISP 2 works fine with other devices like the Mega168, Mega128 and Mega8535, but this 2313 is a puzzler.

Has anyone else seen this?

thanks,
DLC
Dennis Clark          TTT Enterprises