[avrdude-dev] (no subject)

From: Jeff Dombach
Subject: [avrdude-dev] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 00:56:46 -0500

Hi List,

I discovered the following on AVRFreaks.net. I know a lot of you probably
cruise there, but I thought it important to repeat here.

<Quote>
Im getting a error message

" This application has failed to start because libusb0.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Im using the following version:

AVR Studio 4.13.528
GUI Version 4, 13, 0, 528c

WinAVR-20070525 version

Can any body give any suggestions regarding.

I want to program the STK500 from command prompt using avrdude...i m
facing the above specified problem.
</Quote>

I recently ran across this same problem trying to set up a production
programming station for a new AVR based product going in to production
soon.

I think it was caused by USB support being added to AVRDude but the
install package not being updated.

I resolved it by downloading and installing:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/

Enthusiastically,
Jeff

Jeff Dombach, President
JLD Systems, Ltd.
"We do the stuff behind the buttons!"
3545 Marietta Avenue, Suite R, Lancaster, PA 17601
http://www.jldsystems.com
Phone 717.314.3792
AIM   JLDSystems