[avrdude-dev] Still having @WINDOWS_DIRS@ problem

From: Wouter van Gulik
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Still having @WINDOWS_DIRS@ problem
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:53:00 +0200

Hello list,

I am trying to build avrdude from CVS using Ubuntu 7.04.
Ubuntu comes with automake 1.10, autoconf 2.61
First of all I patched the bootstrap routine so it takes the newer version of the auto* tools.
But during make it gives:

Making all in @WINDOWS_DIRS@
/bin/bash: line 17: cd: @WINDOWS_DIRS@: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wouter/dev/avrdude/avrdude'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I searched the mailing list for a solution but I could not find any (apart from the pre-build for 5.2). There is supposed to be bug report, but I can find it either. Is there an easy solution? I am pretty noob concerning automake/autoconf so I am not eager to start editing the script files (if I new which..) Should I file a bug report? Before someone ask me to do so because e-mails have a tendency to get lost ;)

Wouter