[avrdude-dev] Keeping EEPROM content during flash write

From: Sascha Silbe
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Keeping EEPROM content during flash write
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:44:49 +0200

Hi!

To keep the EEPROM content during a flash write, I'm currently using three invocations of avrora (read eeprom, write flash, write eeprom back). This has the disadvantage that the erase cycle counter (-y) doesn't work because it's overwritten by the saved EEPROM contents. In the hope that avrdude would do the update after the last command, I've tried doing this with a single invocation, but since the chip erase is executed before the first command (i.e. before the EEPROM read), this doesn't work at all.
So how can I have both of
a) keeping EEPROM contents (except the last 4 bytes, of course) and
b) updating the erase-rewrite counter?

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/