Re: [avrdude-dev] How to add I2C device disable preamble?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] How to add I2C device disable preamble?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:21:04 -0400

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:41:56 -0400, Pink Boy <address@hidden> wrote:

The advantage is you don't need a special version of avrdude and
you get to maintain shutup_i2c.exe yourself.

AVRDUDE has already overcome the issues of talking to the PC
hardware, such as the parallel port on XP.  If I do my own .exe
I have to reinvent the wheel to get access to the parallel port,
maybe install a different driver etc.

Any idea if AVRDUDE would work with VISTA?  Don't have that
yet, but I'm sure it will come up with the next PC we buy,
and will it even have a parallel port...