[avrdude-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] [RFC] avrdude Feature Request and Call

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] [RFC] avrdude Feature Request and Call for Volunteers
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:39:26 -0700

Hi Andy,

> I've pondered this myself for a year or two. I think the goal is
> an excellent one, and I think your approach hits the nail on the head.
>
> I've believed that having one file embody "everything" about an
> application (text, data, eeprom, & fuse info) is a much needed
> feature for a long while.
>
> > I am also raising a call for volunteers! :-) I think that
> this would be a
> > useful feature, and I hope others do too. I also know that
> there is never
> > enough help on the Open Source projects. Please let us know
> if you would be
> > interested in helping out in implementing this feature on
> avrdude. :-)
>
> Count me in.

Great! Thanks for helping!

> I don't have a lot of programmers at my disposal (mostly
> stk500 & clones, jtag ICE MK I & II - nothing you don't already have
> coming out of your ears, I'm sure; but most of this work would be
> front-end, not back-end anyway, right ?

That's correct, so it won't matter much what programmer hardware, as long as
you have one.

> I can do cvs etc, and have assorted Linux hosts. No bsd or Windoze.

That's great! It also doesn't matter what host you use. The only issue, of
course, is that it should work cross-platform, but we can certainly test
that.

[PS, Don't forget to include the avrdude-dev mailing list on replies.
Thanks!]

Eric Weddington