Re: [avrdude-dev] firmware update for stk500

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] firmware update for stk500
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:56:46 +0100

As Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> the info tells me that parallel hv programming is
> only supported with firmware 2.x, right?

Right.

> is there a way to get and update the firmware for stk500 boards from
> linux?

Provided you get the firmware file, yes.  However, Atmel's original
firmware files are in a proprietary scrambled or even encrypted format
(suffix .ebn) that is only known to be compatible with their
avrprog.exe.

> I am actually have no windows :-)

Neither do I, so I always have to find a Windows installation for a
firmware upgrade.