[avrdude-dev] firmware update for stk500

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avrdude-dev] firmware update for stk500
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:46:34 +0100

Hi all,

after a long period I restart developing with avr. I found latest avrdude version wich works well in isp programming on my stk500 boards. avrdude tells me that I have a firmware 1.x. And the info tells me that parallel hv programming is
only supported with firmware 2.x, right?

OK,
is there a way to get and update the firmware for stk500 boards from linux? I am actually have no windows :-) Or have I install a avr studio on a windows pc and update the firmware? If so, I will ask a friend, not a big problem,
but it would be nice if you could give me a hint!

Thanks
Klaus