Re: [avrdude-dev] I rearranged the build process a bit

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] I rearranged the build process a bit
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:44:01 -0800

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
After cleaning up the source code, I've now been able to rearrange the
build process so that the actual "meat" of avrdude is compiled into a
libavrdude.a library, where main.c is currently the only known
frontend program that is linked against that library.

The library is currently not being installed but only used internally.
However, it would now not be too hard to add additional frontend
programs that use the same backend functionality.  (Did anyone say
"GUI frontend" here? :-)

Ah!!! Very interesting, indeed. That is motivation to see what it would take to write an interface layer to turn it into a Gambas control. It's been a while since I looked at Gambas, but that would be a natural.

-dave