Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems with stk500hvsp and some attiny45

From: Till Harbaum / Lists
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems with stk500hvsp and some attiny45
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 00:46:40 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 3. Januar 2007 23:35 schrieb Joerg Wunsch:
> (Linux, I guess) could.  However, for the STK500, there's an option to
> trace the entire communication on the Windows side.  You have to
Cool. Since the problems occur very early, i think it should be fine if
i attach two traces. One is ~10k and it's avrdude trying to read the signature
of the attiny45. It again fails with the wrong signature. Interestingly
enough, this time it returned a signature != 0. I did this _after_ i used avr
studio. Switching the stk500 off for a few seconds did not make the signature
return to 0. But perhaps the capacitors just made something keep state on the
board.

The second trace is 6k in length and was done with avr studio and the stk500
successfully reading the attiny45's signature.

I did not take a look at the traces yet. Since i thought you might want a copy
of them anyway i decided to post them immediately.

Regards,
  Till