Re: [avrdude-dev] Building AVRDUDE 5.2 under cygwin @WINDOWS_DIRS@: No s

From: Neil Davey
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building AVRDUDE 5.2 under cygwin @WINDOWS_DIRS@: No such file or directory
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:58:34 +1000

   Hi All,
   This is the sequence I used to build my a version of avrdude 5.1 under
   cygwin  with  libusb  support... I havn't tried it with the latest cvs
   though...
   1)    Install    Libusb    filter   driver   into   default   location
   (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1 was the version I used)
   2) get latest avrdude from cvs (cvs -z3
   -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/avrdude co avrdude)
   (downloaded at 20:30 GMT+1000 on 21St Sep 06)
   3) cd avrdude
   4) setup export flags
   export CPPFLAGS="-IC:\progra~1\libusb~1.1\include"
   export CFLAGS="-g -O -IC:\progra~1\libsub~1.1\include"
   export LDFLAGS="-LC:\progra~1\libusb~1.1\lib\gcc"
   5) ./bootstrap
   6) ./configure
   7) make
   if build fails complaining about _gettimeofday not found at link time
   check ac_cfg.h and undefine have_gettimeofday -> had a build issue that it
   couldn't find time of day, so this enables Joerg's version in ppiwin.c
   If I get a change I'll try it with latest cvs..
   Regards
   Neil Davey
   address@hidden wrote:

As Bob Paddock wrote:

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:
"/cygdrive/c/Program Files/LibUSB-xxx"

No mater what I tried I could not get it to compile with a space in
the path.

Well, that Win32 system I've got at work is a German one, and there,
the "Program Files" directory is named "Programme", so I never ran
into that...  Windows can be much fun.

It's been a bug in our configure.ac that
was clobbering LDFLAGS in Win32 environments.

That must explain why I can't get this to link.

You should if you followed my instruction: delete the line that says
"LDFLAGS= -static" in the Makefile.  That way, the LDFLAGS inherited
from the environment should become visible to make again.

Are the fixes in CVS now?

Yes, they are.  (They fix it in a slightly different way, by importing
LDFLAGS from the environment at configure time, rather than at build
time.)

--
--------------------------------------
Neil Davey

Centre for Wireless Monitoring and Applications
Griffith School of Engineering
Nathan Campus
Phone: 07-3735-7008
Fax: 07-3735-5112