Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: Compiling on a Mac

From: Phillip Heller
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: Compiling on a Mac
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:38:39 -0700

On 10/24/06, Tyler Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
Yeah, I was in the same boat, but I've managed
to make it work. Here's how: Iwent through
all the usual business of getting Fink and
enabling the unstable branch then installing avrdude.
Unfortunately, fink installs avrdude-5.1 and
while it recognizes the AVRISP2, it doesn't do much else.

Ok, so I've gone ahead and used your avrdude.info, built and installed
5.2 with fink, but I've got the same problem as before.

Can you verify your libusb build?  What is your target type?

This is all the more I get:

address@hidden:~]% avrdude -p m162 -c avrisp2 -P usb -U flash:r:test.hex -v -v
-v

avrdude: Version 5.2, compiled on Oct 30 2006 at 23:22:27
       Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

       System wide configuration file is "/sw/etc/avrdude.conf"
       User configuration file is "/Users/pheller/.avrduderc"
       User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular
file, skipping

       Using Port            : usb
       Using Programmer      : avrisp2
avrdude: usbdev_open(): Found AVRISP mkII, serno: 0000A0016924

At this point, I cannot interrupt the application.  I can only
background it, and even then, I can't kill it.  In fact, if I
foreground it, I cannot background it again.

The only way to kill it is to unplug the avrisp2.

I'm successfully able to program this target with this programmer
under avrstudio on windows.  But of course, I don't want to do that.

Any more thoughts or ideas?

--
--phil