Re: [avrdude-dev] DFU support for avrdude

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] DFU support for avrdude
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:30:09 -0700

Saw this thread in the list archives ... you should be aware of

        http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/

which has supported the at90usb AVR chips since early July.

So if the goal to support development for at90usb chips on e.g. a
Linux system, that's already very possible.  (Given recent enough
versions of avr-gcc and avr-libc of course.)  If the goal is to
keep growing avrdude ... hmm, well that's a place to start, one
that already works with Atmel's microcontroller dialect of DFU.

I tried to list that project at avrfreaks but for some reason the
website refused to let me do that.  Oddly, Goooogle doesn't know
about that either (the obvious query:  at90usb + dfu + linux).
Those have probably contributed to its relative anonymity.  :)

- Dave