Re: [avrdude-dev] Wrong Signature? No problem

From: Tom Jones
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Wrong Signature? No problem
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:28:08 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
Basically it's a feature...  However, signature verification has
meanwhile already been added to AVRDUDE, so now, in order to override
the check, you have to specify the -F option.

For many years, AVRDUDE only verified it could read *any* signature
from the target at all.
A follow-up question please: I am using release 5.1. Was signature verification added to 5.2? I have looked at the 5.1 programs and I see the -f option. Also there is code for no target found, I believe that is what you are referring to as "any signature". But, I don't see the actual signature verification check in 5.1 as I mentioned the last email. That avrdude run did not use the -f option and it did not complain or stop.

Thanks for all the time and effort you guys spend on this project. I really appreciate the program.

Tom Jones