[avrdude-dev] stk500pp implementation

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] stk500pp implementation
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:36:23 +0200

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> As I'm busy right now doing other things (among other stuff, I'm
> stuck halfways in extending the stk500v2 module to handle parallel
> programming mode), ...

I just committed the first implementation to CVS.  It's not yet
complete, notably EEPROM writes don't work for some reason, even
though flash writes do mostly work.  (Byte-wide flash writes work in
some funny way, needs to be debugged, page-wide flash writes, i. e.
downloading an entire file, work correctly.)

Volunteers for eventually updating the parallel-programming parameter
sets in avrdude.conf.in for all supported AVRs are welcome, but please
wait until it's finalized.  A few of the parameters are currently hard
coded, and I'd also like to make an attempt to support high-voltage
serial programming (HVSP) for those AVRs that cannot do parallel
programming.

At the very least, the current implementation can already use an
STK500 to recover from a killed SPEN fuse, or other fuse configuration
mistakes.

Only STK500 v2 firmware is supported, and I don't intend to care for
STK500 v1 in that respect at all.