Re: [avrdude-dev] ATmega2560 support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATmega2560 support
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:44:41 +0200

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Thanks for the offer.  Curious: what programmer did you use?  I'd
> assume it's been a JTAG ICE mkII, as the code for this one in
> avrdude already allowed for much larger address spaces.

> If you've got any other programmer you could try with, please test.

I've also finished the implementation for extended addressing in
stk500v2, so this programmer type now also works on ATmega256x
devices.  Brent, if you've got access to an STK500, you might give
that a try.

I added documentation for the new devices.

Thus, at least jtag2, stk500v2, and the bit-bang devices do fully
support them now.  I documented it that way.  I believe stk500
(version 1), jtag1 and avr910 do not support extended addressing at
all, so they cannot be handled here.  What about butterfly/avr109
bootloaders?  I see their "A" command only takes two-byte addresses,
so I believe they won't be able to handle more than 128 KB of flash
either.  Anyone to deny or confirm this?