Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4925] Check part's signature against expected

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4925] Check part's signature against expected value
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:35:18 -0500

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 12:33:02AM -0400, Colin O'Flynn wrote:

> Code looks clean to me - should the two patches be committed?
> Doesn't look to me like it breaks anything. Changes seem to be
> minimal needed.

I haven't reviewed it yet, but if you are happy with it, Colin, please
add it.  Just make sure the -F option still bypasses the check as it
does today.

Perhaps we can also lift the restriction that the part number be
supplied on the command line since it can now match up the signature
ID with the config file entry.  Would that be a circular dependency,
though?  Some programmers need to know what the device type is before
entering program mode, and you can't get the device type, until you
enter program mode and query the chip.

> Thanks Wim!

Indeed!

-Brian