[avrdude-dev] I did it: AVRDUDE-5.1 released

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] I did it: AVRDUDE-5.1 released
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:23:43 +0100

Sorry for stomping on anyone's toes...

As Eric Weddington's need to re-roll his current WinAVR release
offered the option to also "fix up" the AVRDUDE version number in his
package, I quickly (and without asking anyone, in particular not Brian
Dean) decided this would constitute a good occasion to roll AVRDUDE
version 5.1 out of the door.

I know there are a number of bug reports, and numerous outstanding
patches, but I don't have the time to incorporate all of them myself
right now.  Nevertheless, I think there have been a good number of bug
fixes and code extensions committed to CVS since release 5.0 to
justify calling just the state-of-CVS 5.1 at this time (most notably
the addition of the AVRISP mkII code, and JTAG ICE mkI support, in
addition to all the bug fixes).