[avrdude-dev] Atmel JTAG ICE programmer

From: Brian Rose
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Atmel JTAG ICE programmer
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:53:01 -0500

I am trying to program an Atmel ATmega128 using Atmel's JTAG ICE
(original, not the MKII) programmer. I had made the changes to AVARICE,
but one of the developers suggested that I use AVRDUDE instead.

What I am doing is a two step process to be used during the assembly of
one of our products. The first step is to program the device memory,
fuse bits and lock bits. Once this is completed I need to have the
platform verify the programming of the part against values passed on the
command line. This is done in a Cygwin environment.

I do not see the JTAG ICE programmer listed in the avrdude.conf file.
Is anyone working on this? I suppose i can help with testing if need
be.

--

Brian Rose
Electrical Engineer