Re: [avrdude-dev] Compiling avrdude 5.0 on OpenBSD 3.8

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Compiling avrdude 5.0 on OpenBSD 3.8
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:30:28 -0700

Doug Carter wrote:
Anyone already done this?  If not, I'll dig into it.  I didn't
see anything on google or this forum.

We don't have very many users of any of the open source AVR development tools on the OpenBSD platform. So any work on that platform is always appreciated.

There is a regular maintainer of the toolchain for the *FreeBSD* platform, Joerg Wunsch. He's also an admin on a lot of the AVR tool projects. (Don't be surprised if he answers to this thread in the next day.)

> avrdude-par.o(.text+0x46): In function `par_setpin':
> /home/dlc/d/avrdude-5.0/par.c:93: undefined reference to
> `ppi_set'

If you take a look at par.c:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/avrdude/avrdude/par.c?rev=1.14&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>
at the top of the file, right after the set of include files, is a conditional compilation section that includes a file depending on which platform is being used to build for. Here's that section:

#if defined(__FreeBSD__)
# include "freebsd_ppi.h"
#elif defined(__linux__)
# include "linux_ppdev.h"
#elif defined(__sun__) && defined(__svr4__) /* Solaris */
# include "solaris_ecpp.h"
#endif

So, FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris is covered. It looks like you'll have to write the equivalent header file for OpenBSD.

Let us know how you get on.

HTH
--
Eric Weddington