Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Solaris 10 x86?

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Solaris 10 x86?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:52:59 -0800

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> . In order to achieve the above, I generalized the hooks for the
>   bitbang interface.  Everything is now passed on through the
>   PROGRAMMER * object handle.  In theory, it should be much simpler
>   now to add yet another bitbang programmer type (like an FTDI-base
>   USB-controlled bitbang hardware).

I'll take a look at this.

(No I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, not yet anyway.  Family
medical issues, an up tick in the workload of the paying job, and
frustrations with the way DLLs are handled on Win32 have made me put my
FTDI bit bang programmer implementation on hold for the last few weeks.)

But it does exist and can be made to work on either Windows XP or Linux
(Ubuntu/Debian), at least in the corner case that is my development
machine.  So it is basically done, except for all the parts that aren't :-)

-Johnathan, AE6HO