[avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent

From: Brian Dean
Subject: [avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:34:22 -0400

Hi,

We've had a flurry of activity these past few days to roll in many of
the most outstanding bugs and patches in preperation for upcoming
release.  This is a heads up that I plan to roll it within the next
few hours or so.  This release will be designated 5.0.

If anyone is aware of any reason to do hold off on the release, i.e.,
avrdude crashes and causes both your host computer _and_ your
development target board to catch fire, please speak up.  Any bugs of
a severity less than the above criteria will have to wait until 5.1
:-)

This looks like a very good release, BTW.  Lots of new features
including some much awaited programmer and device level support.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
ATmega128 based MAVRIC controllers