Re: [avrdude-dev] Inquiry regarding the serbb code

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Inquiry regarding the serbb code
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:55:56 +0200

As Michael Holzt wrote:

> Sorry for not responding earlier. I'm not lost, but i'm currently
> writing my master thesis and only have about one week left but still
> a lot to do ...

Oh, I wish you good luck then!  It's been quite a while ago since I
had to file my diploma thesis. ;-)

> As far as i know my serbb patch was fine with a few glitches to fix
> up (e.g. i removed to much of the static declarations). So if this
> gets fixed, the could could probably go in.

I didn't fix them by now, but that can always be done later, as no
user-visible problems will arise out of that.

I've only been eager to get the serbb code into release 5.0, as it
would have been a shame to leave working code out for a feature that
is at least occasionally being asked for.  Since I knew the patches
as sitting in my tree have once proven to work on Linux, FreeBSD and
Windows, I just went ahead committing them `as is'.