Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: WinAVR

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: WinAVR
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:21:37 -0400

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 07:27:48PM +0200, "Bernard Fouch??" wrote:

> Please check my latest patch: we are 3 persons using avrdude-BETA5.0
> with it all the day,flashing, reflashing, etc. and all known issues
> with 'v2' seem to be now completly fixed.

Excellent!

When I tested V2 with an AVRISP, I noticed the speed is much slower
than V1.  Does anyone know if this is something that we are doing to
cause this, or if the V2 protocol is not lending itself to fast
programming?  I.e., are we implementing V2 in a way that pessimizes
throughput, perhaps as a carry-over to the way we were using V1?  Or
is the slowness inherent in the AVRISP device or the V2 protocol
implementation on the target device itself?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
ATmega128 based MAVRIC controllers