Re: [avrdude-dev] Extended the butterfly programmer code

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Extended the butterfly programmer code
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:51:29 -0400

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 10:43:48PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> According to the docs, it's supposed to become a replacement for the
> closed-source avrprog.exe.  So better don't complain, after all,
> it's their first host-side tool they've released as source code!

That's cool.  But I'd really like to see some Mac OS X support from
their tools (and other embeddeed products vendors).  MacOS X is really
quite nice and with 1.2 million Macs sold last quarter, I wonder how
long it will take for companies to start to take notice that the world
is composed of more than just Windows computers.

I've been thinking about making an ARM board - are there any
non-Windows tools for flash downloading the AT91 ARM chips that are
non-Windows?  Or are we going to need to make ARMDUDE as well :-)

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
ATmega128 based MAVRIC controllers