Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and ponyprog serial?

From: Michael Holzt
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and ponyprog serial?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:24:44 +0200

> > The *serial* one it looks like, no, it does not support it.
> Isn't that the -dasa option from UISP?

No, the ponyprog layout is '-dasa2'.

> That's about the only remaining feature of UISP that has not
> been integrated into AVRDUDE.

Now it is. See my patch for avrdude-4.4.0 at my Webseite. The URL
is http://kju.de/misc/serbb.diff. The code can probably be combined
with par.c, but works for now. Example:

$ avrdude -p atmega16 -P /dev/ttyS0 -c ponyser -U flash:w:main.hex
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
[...]
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9403
[...]
avrdude: 160 bytes of flash written
[...]
avrdude: 160 bytes of flash verified
[...]
avrdude done.  Thank you.

Regards
Michael

--
      It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks