Re: [avrdude-dev] BETA Release is now available - please test (was: Good

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] BETA Release is now available - please test (was: Good news: STK500v2 and JTAG ICE mkII code committed to CVS)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:59:30 -0400

Hey,

More tests - I got the MK-II code to work perfectly for me, haven't been able
to find any problems so far. Is there a difference between -c jag2, -c
jtag2fast, -c
jtagmkII though?

Also - for those who want to use the MKII via USB, here's what I did:

/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x03eb product=0x2103

hit dmesg to see where it was put, most likely you'll see something like:

usb 5-2: Generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Then just run avrdude as you would normally, except with -P /dev/ttyUSB0

Warm Regards,

 -Colin