Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500v2 snapshot release

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] stk500v2 snapshot release
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:57:37 -0500

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 02:28:27AM -0800, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> Here's the next release of the stk500v2 patch, against current CVS as of
> March 14.  I've updated avrdude.conf with all the parts that XML files
> exist for, which is all but two (at90s2333 and at90s4434), but haven't
> tested them yet.  Several patches to the first stk500v2 patch make it
> actually work right in more than my limited first test case.

Thanks Erik!  I'm still planning to integrate your V2 support into the
existing stk500.c files assuming that can be done cleanly, then
rewrite the initialize routine to attempt to detect what protocol
version is installed and set the function pointers appropriately.

One thing that has been holding me back is that I didn't want to
tamper with my existing STK500 because I use it daily for production
work.  So I ordered a second STK500 that I could update the firmware
on it without having to frequently reflash it back to 1.x to get real
work done.

Once that arrives, I'm hoping to spend some time integrating your
patches in a week or two.

We really appreciate your work on this!

Thanks,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers