Re: [avrdude-dev] Documentation build tools requirements - many complain

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Documentation build tools requirements - many complaints
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 06:57:23 +0100

As Brian Dean wrote:

> Just FYI, I tried this on our man page.  The output needs some work,
> this is just a first try, but take a look here:

>      http://www.bdmicro.com/test.pdf

That's about the same I've got when converting it to HTML.

> I got one warning from doclifter:

>      address@hidden:/avrdude- doclifter avrdude.1
>      "avrdude.1", line 126: warning: tbl(1) markup found.

> Apparently tbl formating is not supported?

I thought so first as well, but then, the table *is* rendered, so the
purpose of the warning is not quite clear to me.

It's strange that he does recognize the .Fl macros at the beginning of
a line, while it ``forgets'' to prepend the option dash when seeing
the macro inside a list.