Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: Documentation build tools requirements - many comp

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: Documentation build tools requirements - many complaints
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:25:01 -0500

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 11:35:00AM -0400, Colin O'Flynn wrote:

> BTW - there is a patch to add --enable-doc / --disable-doc to the configure
> script, with the default as being enabled.
>
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103740

Ah, this is an excellent place to start, IMO.  Somehow I missed that
patch.

I have inverted the sense of your test, though, to default
--enable-doc to no.  Those that want doc will need to add the option,
as opposed to those that don't want the doc; I hope that change in the
behaviour is agreeable.  The man page, by default, is still installed.
I've attached a modified version of your patch - please take a look
and let me know what you think.

I still like the idea of a single doc using mdoc source and then using
a tool to generate a more portable document format from that.  But I
think this at least allows folks who don't have the doc tools to build
avrdude to produce a working program.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers