[avrdude-dev] What port is /dev/ppi under udev?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: [avrdude-dev] What port is /dev/ppi under udev?
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:17:53 -0500

I just fired up AVRDUDE on my Thinkpad Laptop for the first time,
and I can not figure out what device is the parallel port device.

I'm running 2.6.9 kernel with udev.

I don't have a /dev/ppi . I do have a /dev/lp1 but get "can not open" if I try to use
that with AVRDUDE.

Anyone have a similar setup that can point me in the correct direction?