Re: [avrdude-dev] [ANN] GUI frontend project for avrdude

From: Nathan Smith
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [ANN] GUI frontend project for avrdude
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 10:42:32 +1000

Wow that is nice!

i can see this being very handy for the times I want to program just flash or just eeprom.

I think this will help a lot of newcomers too.

Great work

E. Weddington wrote:

Hello All!

[Sorry for the crosspost, but this is relevant to all lists.]

Joerg Lachmann has kindly created a GUI frontend for avrdude and has released it with an open source license (GPL)!

The project can now be found on SourceForge:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/avrdude-gui/>

There is also a developers mailing list for those interested in subscribing.

The intent is for this GUI to be built and hosted cross platform: Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.

Currently there is a Windows executable available for download. Joerg Wunsch has done some recent work to get it to build on FreeBSD.

There has also been some recent discussions that, *at some point in the future*, a feature could be added where this could use either avrdude or uisp, according to the user's choice. Currently it only uses avrdude.

Testers and developers welcome!

Eric