Re: [avrdude-dev] FW: avrdude + avrstudio / stk500 / ATMEGA162 - program

From: Galen Seitz
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] FW: avrdude + avrstudio / stk500 / ATMEGA162 - programming problems
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:32:13 -0800

Steve Bentley <address@hidden> wrote:

> The SCK is now set at 4.4us, I don’t know why this is 4.4, as I used sck
> 4 and would have expected 4us however the longer the better I guess.

SCK is bit-banged by the STK500, and STK500 uses a 7.3728 MHz XTAL.  So
the SCK period won't necessarily be a nice even number.

> I could not read the fuses using ISP mode as they were always read back
> incorrectly therefore I switched to HV and read them again.

This is odd.  After correcting the SCK period, you should have been able
to read the fuses.  I wonder if there is a problem lurking in the mega162
config file.

Glad to hear you (mostly) got it working.

galen