Re: [avrdude-dev] [Fwd: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude + avrstudio / stk500 / AT

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [Fwd: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude + avrstudio / stk500 / ATMEGA162 - programming problems]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:19:40 -0500

I had a very similar experience when using the very new AT90CAN128
chip with my STK500.  Note that when using the STK500, the raw memory
instruction encoding are not used from the avrdude.conf file, but
rather the STK500 implements these itself appropriate for the chip.
If your firmware is old, the STK500 might not know about your the
newer chips.  I recently updated the firmware in my STK500, the latest
of which seems to be revision 1.18 and this fixed the issues with my
AT90CAN128 chip.  I'd say try updating your STK500 firmware and see if
the problems are still reproducable.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers