Re: [avrdude-dev] AT90CAN128 support

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AT90CAN128 support
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:51:11 -0500

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 07:28:35AM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> I'm sorry I can't help you with this, but did you get a hold of an
> actual device yet?

Yes - one of my customers sent me a couple samples to install onto a
pair of my MAVRIC-II boards that they are using, replacing their
ATmega128's.  With the chip installed, I can enter programming mode
just fine, dump the various chip memories, etc.  However, I'm not
convinced that programming the chip is working correctly because I'm
getting sporadic verify errors.  I'm using the STK500 so the
instruction incoding in the avrdude.conf file should not be relevent,
even if it is not quite right.  I'm wondering if I need to update the
firmware on my STK500.

The latest GCC port does not yet support this device so I can't yet
actually test any C code and I haven't had the time yet to write a
test program in assembly language.  Since the interrupt vector table
and other things appear to be different compared to the ATmega128,
unfortunately I can't just build for that chip and expect that to
work.

I think there's a patch floating around to add this support to GCC,
but I haven't tried to apply and build that yet.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers