[avrdude-dev] [bugs #10042] running make on AVRDUDE gives errors

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bugs #10042] running make on AVRDUDE gives errors
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:59:40 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: AVR Downloader/UploaDEr.

[bugs #10042] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Eric Weddington <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Wed 09/15/2004 at 17:44 (America/Denver)

There has been no further feedback from the OP. Brian, do you want to go ahead
and close this?

Eric

[bugs #10042] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: AVR Downloader/UploaDEr
Submitted by: 0
On: Tue 08/17/2004 at 15:13

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  bdean

Original Submission:  I've un-tarred the avrdude program, then went into the
resulting directory avrdud-4.x.0/ and created a sub-dir called obj-avr.  From
within there I ran
../configure --prefix=$PREFIX         (where $PREFIX is my install location
/usr/local/avr )

The configure seems to run okay.  But when I then run make I get a few errors
as make tries to do some stuff in the doc sub-dir:

ibook:usr/local/avr/avrdude-4.3.0/obj-avr rk$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in doc
mkdir -p avrdude-html
texi2html -split_node ../../doc/avrdude.texi
mv *.html avrdude-html
mv: rename *.html to avrdude-html/*.html: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [html] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

This seems to happen on version 4.30 and 4.4.0.
I'm doing this all on a Mac G3 ibook under OSX 10.3.5 in a bash shell

Ross.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Wed 09/15/2004 at 17:44       By: Eric Weddington <arcanum>

Date: Thu 08/19/2004 at 00:15       By: Brian Dean <bdean>
I'm guessing that you don't have the tools necessary to generate the avrdude
documentation on your system.  Double check that 'texi2html' is in your path.
If not, try installing the 'teTeX' distribution, which I believe provides this.
 I recommend using 'DarwinPorts' for this:  http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=10042>

  Message sent via/by Savannah