Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE and AT17LV

From: Rudolf Matousek
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE and AT17LV
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:04:08 +0200

Hi,

well, I tried to create the programmer cable (no tries yet):

programmer
   id = "stk94";
   desc = "Download cable for ATSTK94 starter kit.";
   type = par;
   sck = 9;
   mosi = 2;
   miso = 10;
;

Now I'm trying to write the part specification. The device is memory only. I.e. I expect a part specification containing something like:

part
   id = "at17";
   desc = "Serial boot EEPROM for FPGA devices.";
   memory eeprom
       paged = yes;
       size = 131072;
       page_size = 128;
       min_write_delay = 4000;
       max_write_delay = 4500;
       readback_p1 = 0xff;
       readback_p2 = 0xff;
   ;
;

Well, and now I don't really know what else. The memory is using I2C interface. I.e. each block write starts with a start bit, then it continues by writing a sequence of bytes and it is finished by a stop bit. Each write operation must be acknowledged by a low value on data signal. The byte sequence is cmd, addr1, addr2, addr3, data1, ..., dataN.

I really don't know how to map this sequence onto the 32bit instruction format. How works data and clk together? How is the 32bit instruction mapped onto the programer interface? Is there a more detailed documentation what the writepage and the other instruction do?

Cheers,

rookie Ruda M.