Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE Questions

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE Questions
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:15:31 +0200

As Neal Nelson wrote:

> The FreeBSD man page for AVRDUDE doesn't list the ATtiny26 as being
> supported. Is it possible to program this device using AVRDUDE?

I can see it in avrdude.conf at least here in my CVS checked out
version.

> The man page mentions about programming fuse bits but doesn't really
> say how it's done. What is required to program the fuse bits?

First and foremost, a datasheet. ;-)  You simply program the fuses like
memory regions, so you first gotta know *what* you're going to program.

The probably simplest method at first is to program them using the
`terminal mode' (avrdude -t).  For a batch job, use the `direct'
memory type in the -U option.

> I'm using
> a DonTronics DT006, which is a serial programmer, ...

Don't know what a DT006 might be, but there's a definition for a DT006
in avrdude.conf that uses the parallel port.

Just look into the config file, there are many fairly simple parallel
port adapters.