Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:37:41 -0600

On 14 Jul 2004 at 16:28, Bob Paddock wrote:

> > It bothers me a bit that the code in cvs wouldn't compile (with or
> > without my patch) because of the missing stdio.h. What code was actually
> > tested?
>
> Right now cvs will not build on my freshly installed Cygwin because it
> wants autoconf 2.57 and will not use 2.59.
>
> If I install 2.57 then it is going to break the stuff that wants 2.59. :-<
>
> I really hate all of this tool version dependance stuff, I've run into in
> other
> projects too. :-(

Here's what to do (or at least what I did).

In the avrdude source directory run in this order:
aclocal
autoheader
autoconf
automake -a -c

This reproduces what the boostrap script does but it doesn't check for version
numbers. I ran autoconf 2.59 (Cygwin) without anything yelling at me. But to be
fair, I'm not sure if this was the Right Thing To Do.

Eric