Re: [avrdude-dev] Status

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Status
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:52:13 -0400

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 12:08:57PM -0600, E. Weddington wrote:

> There are 3 bugs:
> 7309, 7383, 7492
> The fourth bug (8265) I think looks like a non-issue.
>
> There are 6 patches to be reviewed and possibly rolled in.
>
> The Win32 patch seems to work (at least for Colin).
>
> And we're interested in spinning a new WinAVR release that hopefully
> includes a new avrdude release.
>
> Is there any way an avrdude could be released within a week? Is
> there anything else to add?

I'm sorry that I've not had the opportunity to work on any of the
patches recently - I've been very busy with work and a number of
projects and I don't expect that to change in the near future.

But if folks agree that avrdude is at a place where we can do a
release, I'd be all for that.  I can build and test on FreeBSD
(-stable branch) and MacOS X and verify that nothing is broken on
these two platforms.  Assuming the other platforms are sufficiently
covered and nothing major is broken, I don't see why we couldn't
release.

And it sounds like the Windows port has some pretty significant
updates for the release.

This will also be the first release where we can claim MacOS X support
out of the box.

-Brian