Re: [avrdude-dev] Win32 avrdude.exe available for testing

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Win32 avrdude.exe available for testing
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:45:57 +0000

Hi there,

Eric pointed this thread out to me, so I went and downloaded avrdude. I'm
running it on the following test systems:

Windows 98 "Fresh Install" - Fresh Windows 98 OEM + IE6 Only, VMware
-->Will have NO cygwin DLL's on it or any other types so would know for sure
if something got linked to something it shouldn't have

Windows XP "Dirty Install" - Windows XP that has lots of other stuff (Cygwin,
etc), VMWare

Results:

Windows 98 Test
(note: added configuration file from WinAVR as well, needed it for Windows 98)

Windows 98: Chip erase of AtMega128 using AVR-ISP - OK
Windows 98: Chip Program/Verify of AtMega128 76KByte file using AVR-ISP - OK
(note1: 45s write time, 43s verify time)
(note2: I assumed the verify worked, as I just programmed the AVR with a
random large file so if there was some error in the verify it wouldn't show
up)

Windows XP Test
(note: just replaced avrdude.exe in c:\WinAVR\bin with the new one)

Windows XP: Chip erase of AtMega128 using AVR-ISP - OK
Windows XP: Chip Program/Verify of AtMega128 94KByte file using AVR-ISP - OK
(note1: 54s write time, 52s verify time)
(note2: I assumed the verify worked, as I just programmed the AVR with a
random large file so if there was some error in the verify it wouldn't show
up)

It isn't very in-depth yet, as it is only the one programming interface. But
looks good!

I plan to build my own copy and do the tests, and I can also test to see if
things get broken in Linux (as I'm actually on a Linux box).

Regards,

 -Colin