[avrdude-dev] [bugs #8970] Set/Clr LED command

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bugs #8970] Set/Clr LED command
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:01:42 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: AVR Downloader/UploaDEr.

[bugs #8970] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Jan-Hinnerk Reichert <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Tue 06/15/2004 at 18:42 (MET)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

The code that causes this problem has already been removed in the CVS version
on Apr 17th.

[bugs #8970] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: AVR Downloader/UploaDEr
Submitted by: Don Kinzer
On: Sat 05/15/2004 at 16:25

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Fixed
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  I built an AVR910 compatible programmer but had trouble
getting it to work.  When attempting to program flash, AVRDude indicated that
the programmer failed to repsond to an LED command.

According to the the table in avr910.asm from Atmel, the x and y commands are
to be accompanied by a data byte.  The firmware in my programmer was waiting
for that byte but it is apparently not being sent by AVRDude.  After I
commented out the call to read the extra byte in my programmer's firmware
everything started working.

So, the question is: should AVRdude be sending an extra byte after the x and y
commands before waiting for the programmer's response?

Follow-up Comments

Date: Tue 06/15/2004 at 18:42       By: hinni
The code that causes this problem has already been removed in the CVS version
on Apr 17th.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=8970>

  Message sent via/by Savannah