Re: [avrdude-dev] Win32 Merge

From: Martin Thomas
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Win32 Merge
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:52:05 +0200

Hello,

remarks from my side:

In subdir "w32_mthomas":
- move the files makew32.sh, makedev.sh and mklddrv.sh into the "windows"
directory
- the files dude*.cmd might be moved into a subdirectroy "samples" or
deleted
- the subdir "w32_mthomas" may be deleted

I do not know any way how autodetection of W32 can be done in
autoconf/automake to automaticly define WIN32NATIVE but it
should be no problem to stay with "makew32.sh" for now. May
be sometime later all changes done for W32NATIVE could be
just standard for a "CYGWIN" build. Libreadline may be replaced
by source-files (readline.h/.c) which could be inlcuded in the
avrdude-source-tree. Somewhere I've seen readline as "portable"
versions for *nix and W32 under a free license or freeware.

Why is the avr910.c file included in your archive? I can't remember doing
any changes in this file for the W32-native-port.

I can remember that I've added a "crude" protection agains viewing negative
time (-0.0) in the  progress bar (something like: if (time<0) time=0;)
This might be only "cosmetic" but -0.0 just "looks wrong". Although this
should be corrected in a better way sometime. I can not find this in your
files, may be I just overlooked it.

Has someone with an *nix/Linux/BSD system build avrdude from the
"W32-source-tree"? Are there any conflicts?

Minor important: I do not insist on my name in the copyright in the first
lines of ser_win32.c but I would appriciate this.

Alex, could you please place a complete source-tree somewhere in the net? My
CVS knowledge is limited. With a complete source I will try compilation and
do some tests at home with a STK500, AVRISP-clone, AVRISP, Butterfly
and (pony-)STK200-PPI. But I only have "small memory" ATmega8/8535/
16/169 and AT90S8515 "targets" at hand.

Martin