Re: [avrdude-dev] Great program!

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Great program!
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:29:45 -0500

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:40:11PM -0300, Mark wrote:

>       This is a great program! Congratulations!
>
>       I would like to use a serial programmer,
>       as the PDF file attached.
>
>       Would that be possible?

That programmer uses the serial port control lines, similarly to the
way the parallel port is used for programming.  And while it's
certainly possible to support that in a future release, AVRDUDE
currently doesn't support it.  I personally haven't looked into making
the modifications to support it.  All the hooks are present - it would
just require creating the programmer definition and required functions
to manipulate the serial port control lines.  If someone were to want
to add support for it, that'd be fine - I can't think of any problems
that would arise in doing so.

-Brian