Re: [avrdude-dev] Support for Futurlec AVR development boards

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Support for Futurlec AVR development boards
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:03:21 +0100

wrote:
> > I have added an entry to avrdude.conf, so that the cheap yet very
> > good futurlec.com development boards should be supported.
> > I have tested it with the 90S8535 development board:
> > http://www.futurlec.com/AT8535DevBoard.shtml
> >
> > but the 2313
> > http://www.futurlec.com/ATDevBoard.shtml
> > should work as well.
>
> I've added this definition to the config file so it should be in
> CVS now.
>
> > One problem I noticed: AVRdude seems to leave MOSI low, even when
> > it finds it high. That's really strange, as AVRdude is supposed
> > to leave the port as it has found it - that's supposedly the
> > default behaviour.
>
> We'll have to look into this.

I have spend some time on it last night and found nothing.

However, the I just realized how simple this one is ;-)
The "futurlec" uses STROBE as MOSI and we only save and restore
PPIDATA, not PPICTRL ;-(

I will do a patch right away. This patch will also remove the save()
and restore() functions.

However, according to the documentation of the old TL16C452 the
STROBE-pin is an I/O-pin. Technically it is an open-drain output. So
if STROBE is high (from the PC-point-of-view), we don't read high,
but the value on the pin, AFAIK.

/Jan-Hinnerk