Re: [avrdude-dev] Safer timing in par_txrx()?

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Safer timing in par_txrx()?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:31:12 +0100

On Saturday 24 January 2004 16:41, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

> So, I believe that we would gain some immunity to delays, if we
> change the order to:
> - set MOSI
> - read MISO
> - put SCK high
> - put SCK low

Alex has convinced me that it is even better to do:
- set MOSI
- put SCK high
- read MISO
- put SCK low

Right now, we have a SCK-high-pulse of about 2us. This is exactly the
limit for programming a chip that runs on an internal RC at 1MHz.

Since we are living on the edge here, I would like to change it before
the next release. (Sorry for this, Brian)

Would someone with a parallel programmer please check if the following
patch works.

/Jan-Hinnerk

PS: Yes, I know that the comments should be adjusted accordingly.