Re: [avrdude-dev] Cleaning up of avr910.c

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Cleaning up of avr910.c
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:51:56 -0700

On 8 Dec 2003 at 14:25, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> since we have a little time without CVS archive, I thought we could do
> discussion about further cleanups.
>
> I don't want any of changes suggested to below to go in before the
> release. They are either cosmetic changes or cleanups.

<snip>

> Now, the cosmetic stuff. IMHO, there is too much output when using the
> AVR910.

<snip>

First off, I don't have strong opinions on avr910 stuff, since I don't have
an avr910 programmer....

> IMHO, a progress indicator for reading signature-bits is confusing,
> because I haven't requested the read.

but personally, this doesn't really bother me since it happens so fast
anyway.

----

Since you're looking, I did want to point out the items in the TODO that
are avr910 specific:

- Man page needs updated for avr910 info.

- avr910 needs a little bit of work to support setting fuse byte (note that
it can only deal with a _single_ fuse byte.

- Add avr910 device codes for more devices. Some where posted here:
  <http://www.avrfreaks.com/phorum/read.php?f=3&i=40925&t=40717#40925>
  but uisp seems to have a more comprehensive list.

- Add "skip empty pages" optimization on avr910 paged write. The stk500 has
  this optimization already.

- FIXME: avr910.c: avr910_initialize(): Need to lookup devcode and report
the device.

- FIXME: avr910.c: avr910_cmd(): Insert version check here.

Hack away! ;-)

Eric