Re: [avrdude-dev] FreeBSD 5.1 & AvrDude 4.2.0 - Help please

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] FreeBSD 5.1 & AvrDude 4.2.0 - Help please
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:15:32 -0400

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 09:44:39AM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Obvious question to Randall: are you sure your serial port is
> configurd correctly, i. e. did you test it otherwise (e. g. using
> cu(1) or kermit(1))?  On the Thinkpad, you can rearrange almost any IO
> port assignment (using the ps2.exe tool), so if you make a mistake,
> you can easily end up with /dev/cuaa0 being e. g. your infrared link
> (or probably even the internal "modem").

Randall sent me his dmesg.boot which has:

        sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
        sio0: type 16550A

No other sio devices were probed, just the usual:

        sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
        sio1: port may not be enabled

Which is generally an indication that a second serial port is not
available.

-Brian