[avrdude-dev] Re: avrdude 4.2.0 Release

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: avrdude 4.2.0 Release
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:58:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, E. Weddington wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> [ Any and all apologies. I'm sending this out individually as the avrdude
> list has been slow of late.]

Don't stop sending to the lists even if they are slow. Otherwise there
is no searchable record of the discussions.

> Brian and I were hoping to get an avrdude 4.2.0 release out soon,
> preferably this week?
>
> AFAIK, these are the only issues:
>
> 1. Patch from Jan-Hinnerk Reichert, concerning fuse bits for AVR910. See
> post to list on August 28.

I'll try to give the patch another once over tonight (don't have the
mcu00100 board here at work).

> 2. Private post / patch sent to all of us from Robert Krysztof concerning
> AVR910 with different baud rates.

Haven't looked at this patch yet, will try to tonight. One thing that
bothers me is the origin of the 3.0(???) firmware. I'm not too excited
about having to support every avr910 firmware hack the anyone decides
to release.

> I'm not exactly "qualified" for handling AVR910 issues, and Brian has said
> he doesn't have the hardware.

I'm not sure that I even have a 2313 laying around to test the 2nd
patch...

> Could these issues be looked at dealt with in time for a release? Or, do we
> want to postpone these issues until after a release?
>
> I'm certainly ok either way.

Patch 1, most likely will go in. Patch 2 is questionable and will
probably not go in yet.

Ted Roth